Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow day!!!

Knock me down with a feather- we have actually been having snow here in Manchester (UK)! and the forecast is for snow showers tomorrow, Thursday (Xmas Eve), and Friday (Xmas Day).
For once in my life we were actually allowed to leave work early at 4pm (a whole 45 mins early for me). My mum had phoned me earlier in the day as well to make sure that there were buses running still to south Manchester, as ones to/from Oldham were cancelled.

So what did I do with my extra 45 minutes? I went shopping! We want to get a nice present for our 1-yr old nephew (a boy) who hope to see over Christmas.

I headed on over to Toys R Us... and was disappointed
whatever happened to the classic Fisher Price dog?

Instead, they had this plastic version
correction, PINK plastic one. I hate the way it has it's tongue sticking out like an idiot.

The only other thing that caught my eye were the Tomy Hide 'N Squeak eggs

However, next door there was Mothercare which was much better for toys for toddlers:

I quite liked the Click Clack Dino
but in a way it just seemed like an obvious imitation of the Brio brand.
On Amazon they have some fabulous wooden dinosaurs, but they specify age 3+... I'm not sure what it is about them that isn't suitable for a younger child, there doesn't seem to be any small parts...?
So, tomorrow I'm going to call the local toyshop to see if they are open 1. Christmas Eve, and 2. if they have the pull-along walrus (Lolrus?)


0 comments:

Post a Comment