Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year noodles

This was the recipe I followed yesterday.  We had a roast chicken for our Christmas dinner, and I made a stock w/the carcass.

The supermarket,  although open on New Year's Day didn't have half the ingredients:

- I just used instant noodles... which kindof went mushy as I added them first (not cooked separately), but then had to boil the soup quite a bit as it was very liquid-y
- No fresh ginger so I bought a ginger paste in a jar
- I didn't use a fresh chilli (my little girl was going to be eating it too,  but added a squirt of Flying Goose chilli sauce to my portion)
- No tamarind paste, and wasn't sure what to use as a substitute
- Skipped the fresh coriander to give it a more store-cupboard vibe
- And yes, we had frozen prawns

There's loads left!

 THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | Recipes | Nigella Lawson

0 comments:

Post a Comment